Happy August! Yesterday I was planning to go watch some movies with friends, and I suddenly had the urge to bake cookies for them. These sugar cookies are what I chose, and they ended up tasting a lot like snickerdoodles without the cinnamon. They were good, and I received compliments. Also, they stay chewy/soft after they cool, which is nice.
I used this recipe with very minor adjustments.
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar, plus some for coating the cookies
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, roll in sugar to coat, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.