The other day I made this for some friends and it was really yummy (and pretty!). I used this recipe but altered it a bit based on what I had on hand and my tastes, so here's my version:
2 cups cooked chicken (I cooked it on the stove in olive oil, salt, pepper and some Italian seasoning)
1 cup raw broccoli, chopped
1 T chopped garlic
1 cup cheddar or cheese of your choice, grated
1/2 cup mayo
1 t dill weed (this is approximate--I'm not really sure how much I used)
1-2 T Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1 egg white
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line a pizza pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Put all the ingredients (except only half of the cheese) but the crescent rolls into a mixing bowl and stir together.
- Separate the crescent rolls and arrange overlapping the large sides of the triangle on the pizza pan.
- Spoon the filling in a circle over the dough that is overlapped and then fold the short end of the triangles to the center. Tuck the ends underneath.
- Brush an egg white onto the top of the crescent dough.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for about 10 more minutes.
Here are a few more photos to help with construction:
I'm anxious to try out some variations on this recipe (like with an Italian filling), but I'd like to use dough that doesn't have trans fat like this crescent dough does.