This weekend has contained, among other things:
- a lot of Chuck (finally finished season three--don't say a word about four!)
- a movie night with some friends (we watched Fool's Gold)
- a little bit of cooking (chicken before it went bad, sugar cookies for the movie night, potatoes au gratin to satisfy my craving and use up potatoes)
- some trips to the store (Walmart and Safeway)
- a few photos (nothing of interest)
- a generous amount of sun for January
- me sadly not taking full advantage of the sun
- a LOT of laundry folding/hanging/putting away
- cutting out paper hearts
- a few pity parties
- beating my best score on Wii 18-hole frisbee golf (-12!)
- a couple of phone calls to friends
- lots of procrastinating
- Coke Cherry Zero
- duck watching (two types that I hadn't seen since last winter have finally arrived)
I think that sums up my amazing weekend. You are fascinated. Now, how about a few photos? These are from the past week.
The other day it was really foggy, so I took advantage of all the water droplets around. One day I'll have a macro lens. ONE DAY. That's how people get amazing photos like this.
The female Ring-necked duck that was diving around the lake yesterday. The WhatBird page says this: "This species might better be called the 'Ring-billed Duck,' for its chestnut neck ring is usually seen only at close range, while the white ring on the bill can be a prominent field mark." Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Who names these things?
Okay, I've used up enough of your time.
*I had the same teacher for those three grades--it was a mixed class.