TGIT! I haven't done one of these in a few weeks, but I hope to get back in the swing of it (as well as Wallpaper Wednesday, but one step at a time). So here are some of the happy things from the week, with some weekly pictures mixed in.
1. For feeling well emotionally, even if not physically. My allergies have reached their peak this week, but I have to admit that I've felt relatively content otherwise (even if I don't always show it).
2. Amazon Marketplace. It's a great place to sell stuff!
3. Laughter. I know a few people with a great sense of humor, and one friend in particular makes me laugh pretty much every day. I love that!
4. Things to look forward to. I'm excited about a free weekend and then Dania's visit and the long holiday weekend! I'm even looking forward to the simple parts of preparing for her visit, like grocery shopping and inflating the air mattress.
5. My mom, whose birthday is tomorrow. Happy birthday, Mom! I love you and think you are the awesomest mom. I don't know how I ended up so fortunate, but I feel a little sorry for people who aren't R, D or me because they don't get to have you as a mother! (That picture is my mom with one of her granddaughters two years ago.)
6. Text messaging. It's a great way to keep in touch. My sister's been texting throughout her road trip and it's nice to know the haps, even if most texts are accompanied by a photo of the road. ;) I also love getting texts from my mom and friends during the day. (PS I just realized I have mentioned text messaging a couple of other times already in these thankful posts. I must really like text messaging!)
7. Summer. Even if the weather isn't being all that summery, the feeling of summer is still very present. Quiet days at work, more motivation and ideas about my future, enough light to see the beavers, lush greenness all over town, and low electricity bills!
8. My church. The first time I visited my church, I decided I'd just keep going there from then on. I had been church hunting for months (I visited at least 12 churches in the area) and something about my current church felt comfortable and suitable. It's not that I was blown away with amazingness, it was just that I saw no reason to go elsewhere. I still don't. It's a good place.
9. Ad blockers that work. I use Ghostery and Adblock, but I'm sure there are several good ones.
10. Music. I don't really talk about it much these days, and I don't even listen to it as much as I used to, but I love it and kind of miss being more into it. I've had some thoughts that I might share sometime. I'll end this post with one of my very favorite classical pieces: Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 27 (Larghetto). Give it a bit to get going.