I saw this cute idea on another blog and totally copied it. Only, mine isn't quite as neat and even as the other girl's, but I'm all about cutting corners where possible. You still get the idea.
A few thoughts...
1. Don't judge me! I read to escape, not to become a lit. professor.
2. I know all Mary Higgins Clark books are the same, but I still like them, and there are always plenty available on audio. I went through a phase where I was rereading some of her books, and I had even forgotten the killer in a couple!
3. These were my first Maureen Johnson books--I enjoyed them and will definitely read more of her stuff.
4. Sophie Kinsella is a good writer, but I'm not consistently impressed with her books.
5. Grace for the Good Girl was very good. I recommend it. I think I need to reread it.
6. Eight of these books were read on my Kindle.
7. Many of these books were audio... I loooove listening to audiobooks while I drive! And yes, they still count!
8. I just barely finished the Mindy Kaling book today. I wouldn't say it was LOL-funny, but it was entertaining and very interesting. She seems like a pretty cool chica.
9. The Barry and Fey books were audio and read by the author, which I highly recommend for that sort of book.
10. I can't remember, now, why I read Rescue Your Love Life. I used to read marriage books when I was a teenager, though, so I guess I was revisiting that hobby.
So did you read anything interesting this year?
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Friday, December 30, 2011
Here's a photo summary of my year, minus portraits since I included those in a separate post. In some captions, I've linked you to a post (or set of posts) that contain more photos, for any of you who are new or like to re-look at pictures. :)
So here's what happened in 2011...
I brought in the new year at my place, with some of my friends. We ate and played Pictionary, because we're a wild bunch. I looked through the photos I took that night, and they're all blurry! That's just sparkling cider, though. :P
In February, I switched my photography brand name from Hello Butterfly to Greengate Photography.
I had a pancake party for Valentine's Day.
Dania and Brenda came to visit! We went to the very windy coast, among other places. (That photo of me (middle) isn't great, but one of my resolutions is to post more pictures of myself and stop being such a baby about it.)
We also visited Klickitat Street in Portland!
My parents and I went camping in Death Valley, CA in March. (We also went to Vegas for a day. My first time beyond the airport!)
While there, we visited Scotty's Castle.
I saw about a million rainbows from my back deck.
It may have rained a time or two.
My friends and I went to the wildlife safari in Winston, OR.
I went to Deepwood Estate a few times.
I visited Ankeny Wildlife Refuge several times.
I also went to Bush Park on a semi-regular basis. Salem is a good city.
I managed to get photos of Western Tanagers.
Did I mention the rainbows?
I went to the coast again, when the weather was a little nicer.
I watched beavers swimming around in the lake.
Dania came up again for Independence Day weekend, and we went to Seattle.
I saw deer at work.
I took lots of food photos.
And, of course, hummingbird photos.
I went to New Mexico to see my family. (This isn't a very New Mexico-y photo, though.)
I ate too much Padington's pizza (but Tina was my lovely company several times!), and also started a weekly photo project.
I saw raccoons at work!
I learned how to make pasties.
I went [back] to the Bellevue Botanical Garden in September.
My parents came to visit over my (and my dad's) birthday weekend!
I went to the pumpkin patch with some friends. (This is P, enjoying pumpkin ice cream.)
I had a crush on fall.
I celebrated 11/11/11 over dinner at 5 Guys and a caramel apple party with friends.
I took lots of frost and mushroom pictures.
I spent Christmas with my parents (in California).
So that was my year. As always, it was full of ups and downs (not pictured), and lots of beautiful sights. How was yours?
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Hi there! I'm home and feeling that new year inspiration that I get each December after Christmas (if only it would last!). As we finish up 2011, I want to post a few entries that sum up my year. I hope they are entertaining to you, but they mostly benefit me, as they remind me of my progress and experiences.
For starters, I think I'll post some of my favorite portrait photos from 2011. I'm so thankful for the portrait photography opportunities I've had, even when some experiences resulted in me feeling bad about myself. I learn from them all, right? I think I've learned a LOT this year (I've certainly made a lot of mistakes). Enjoy!
Thanks for looking! If you'd like to view more portraits, I have them all tagged in the portraits category along the right side of my blog. Or you can just click here.