What's this? I am looking at my laptop screen and I can actually see what's on it? That's right, my laptop is fixed*!
I don't have time to post a set of photos for you tonight, so I'll just give you some really important updates:
1. The above photo was one of my birthday presents that I put together during my laptopless (scandalous!) evenings. Thanks again, Dania! There were a lot of tiny pieces in that project.
2. I have also finished one puzzle (of hot air balloons--thanks, Jennifer!) and started another (of a seaside town, Wysocki-style), also a gift from Dania the Generous.
3. I have many generous friends and family members, actually. Thanks, all!
4. Last night I managed to trap a big ugly bug in a plastic cup and successfully bring it out to the dumpster without it touching me.
5. I know it's sort of uncool for Christians to like Halloween, but I do! I like the smaller holidays that don't last 6 months (*cough*Christmas*cough*). I don't dress up or do anything major, but I do enjoy some of the festivities, mostly in small ways, like the decor, kids' costumes, jack-o-lanterns, candy (of course), and how my phone games have special Halloween features right now. In fact, I just caught a ghost on Sims Freeplay, and now you are jealous.
6. Now that my laptop is working, I can catch up on my banking! I always feel better when I know exactly how much I have and what bills are coming up. Thanks, AceMoney Lite!
7. My monitor is dying on me as I type this!! :( There are three white stripes across it. Awesome news! :| [EDIT: Closing and reopening the laptop has helped it for now.]
8. I don't want to end this post on a sad note, so happy Halloween! And don't worry, I'll get it fixed somehow. Maybe it's just a loose cable!
*Although it's a bit dim. I'm not sure if the new screen is just this way naturally, or if something isn't plugged in tight enough. I did adjust the brightness to as high as it can go, but I feel almost like I'm wearing sunglasses. I'll have to investigate, but if you have thoughts, please share.